|Light brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|Allspice||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs) (seeded or seedless)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) In a pot combine brown sugar, spices, and water and cook till 232°F. registers on the candy thermometer, or until a small amount of syrup dropped into very cold water spins a 2-inch thread when dropped from fork or spoon.
2) When done, stir in raisins and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Place pan in bowl of warm water while working the mix.
4) Drain the raisins on a paper towel and roll in sugar.
5) When thoroughly cool, store in covered jar and take out as per serving requirement.