Trout Stuffed With Raisins
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil/Cooking spray||1 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , thinly sliced|
|Golden raisins/Dark raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh chopped parsley/1 teaspoon dried parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brook trout||40 Ounce, pan dressed, boned (4 Pieces, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Pan dressed brook trout||40 Ounce, boned (Four 10 Ounces Each)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Grease a large baking dish with vegetable oil or cooking spray
3. Take a large nonstick skillet and in it heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over moderate heat.
4. Add and sauté the onions and celery, for 5- 7 minutes until tender.
5. Take pan off the flame and stir in raisins, walnuts, parsley, cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
6. Stuff each fish fillet with 1/4 cup of the stuffing.
7. Arrange the fish in a single layer in prepared dish and drizzle with remaining oil.
8. Spoon the remaining stuffing around the fish.
9. Bake the fish for 5 minutes in the preheated oven then lower heat to 400°F and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until the fish flakes easily with the a fork.
10. Serve the fish hot along spooning some of the stuffing over the fillet.
11. Accompany with wedges of lemon if you like.