Baba With Raisins
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel/Grated lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioner's sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cream butter. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, beating at high speed of electric mixture. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time. Beat in orange juice, lemon juice, and orange peel.
2. Mix flour, cornstarch, and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar.
3. With clean beaters, beat egg whites with salt until stiff, not dry, peaks form.
4. Fold half the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Fold in egg whites.
5. Add raisins to remaining flour mixture; mix well. Fold into batter.
6. Generously grease an 11-cup ring mold or baba pan. Coat with bread crumbs.
7. Turn batter into prepared pan. Brush top with cream.
8. Bake at 350°F about 40 minutes.