Bread and Rabbit Casserole
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melt|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Medium, cooked|
|Bell peppers||1⁄2 Medium, cooked|
|Carrots||1 Small, cooked|
|Rabbit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Gravy/Fish stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|For the bakin powder|
|Cream of tartar||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the homemade baking powder: In a bowl, add cream of tartar, baking soda and corn starch and mix.
3. In a bowl, mix the milk and sour cream.
4. In a separate large bowl, add the rosemary, lemon zest, flour, salt, black pepper, sugar and butter.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of the homemade baking powder and the milk and sour cream mix. and combine all the ingredients together.
6. Line a casserole with the assorted cooked vegetables. You can add in vegetables of your choice or whatever is available at home.
7. Next, layer the cooked rabbit.
8. Pour in the gravy evenly.
9. Press the dough over the rabbit evenly.
10. Pop into the oven for an hour.