Country Style Rabbit
|Rabbit||1 Small, jointed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Celery stalks||4 , scrubbed and chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||400 Gram (1 can)|
|White stock/Water and 1/2 chicken stock cube||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Parsley||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Cornflour||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Water||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
1) In a cooker, heat butter or margarine in .
2) With salt and pepper, season the rabbit and fry until a light golden brown on all sides.
3) With a slotted spoon, lift the chicken out of the cooker and drain off any remaining butter or margarine.
4) Add the remaining ingredients, except the cornflour and water to the cooker, and return to the heat.
5) Stir well to remove any residues from the base of the cooker.
6) To the cooker, place the rabbit again and stir well.
7) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
8) Reduce the pressure quickly.
9) In a warmed dish, transfer the rabbit and keep hot.
10) Blend the cornflour with the water, stir into the sauce and bring to the boil, stirring well.
11) Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
12)Pour the sauce over the rabbit, garnish with a little chopped parsley and serve hot.