|Bacon fat||4 Ounce, diced|
|Mixed root vegetables||10 Ounce, diced|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) In a large pot of cold water, add in a little vinegar. Soak the rabbit in this water for about 2 hours so that the flesh whitens slightly.
2) Drain and slice the rabbit into little pieces.
3) Into a saucepan, add in the rabbit meat along with chopped onion, diced root vegetables, diced bacon, salt, pepper and water.
4) Cover the pan and cook over low flame for about 1 1/2 hours, by the end of which the rabbit must have become tender.
5) In a small mix, dissolve the flour in the milk. Stir the paste into the rabbit stew.
6) Let the mixture come to a boil. Keep stirring till it starts to thicken and smoothen at the same time.
7) Check if the dish needs more seasoning.
8) Serve the Boiled Rabbit hot garnished with chopped parsley.
Calories 941 Calories from Fat 372
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.7%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 443.3 mg147.8%
Sodium 463 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 115 g229.1%
Vitamin A 243.8% Vitamin C 24.9%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 96%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet