|Rabbit fillets||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Pork fillets||1⁄2 Pound, chopped (250 Grams)|
|Pickled pork||1⁄2 Pound, chopped (250 Grams)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped roughly|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Red wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Bacon rashers||4 , rinds removed|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Slice 1/4 rabbit fillets into strips and chop the rest.
3) In a blender, blend the chopped rabbit meat, pork and onion together until smooth.
4) Then add the parsley, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper, wine and brandy;
5) In a well greased terrine, spoon 1/2 this mixture, then top with the rabbit strips and cover with the bacon rashers.
6) Top with rest of the blended rabbit meat mixture.
7) Cover with a foil, stand the terrine in a roasting dish with 1 inch water.
8) Cook in the preheated oven for about 2 1/2 hours.
9) Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
10) Place a weight on top and refrigerate until required.
11) Unmould the Rabbit Terrine on a serving platter and serve.
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.3 mg13.4%
Sodium 289 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 22 g43.9%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 11.7%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet