|Frying rabbit||1 3⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (From 1 Large Lemon)|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), minced|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced thinly|
|Carrots||4 Small, sliced thinly|
|Bacon||1⁄4 Pound, thickly sliced|
|Shiitake mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Mix 1/2 cup olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, fennel, salt, and garlic in a large bowl.
2. Add onions and carrots.
3. Spread 1/2 of vegetable mixture on bottom of a roasting pan.
4. Place rabbit pieces on top.
5. Top with remaining vegetable mixture.
6. Place bay leaves on top.
7. Cover pan and place in refrigerator for 2 days.
8. Sprinkle with olive oil daily.
9. Remove rabbit from vegetable mixture, and save the vegetables.
10. Slice bacon into bite-size pieces and brown in a large skillet.
11. Add 1/2 cup olive oil to skillet and brown rabbit pieces well on all sides.
12. Remove and set aside.
13. Drain vegetable mixture.
14. Place vegetables in hot skillet and lightly brown.
15. Add rabbit back into skillet, cover with chicken stock, heat to a simmer.
16. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours, or until very tender.
17. Serve at once.