Rabbit joints -4
Medium onion -1
Rashers bacon -4
Apple or redcurrant jelly -1 tablespoon [1X 20 ml spoon]
Stock or water -About 2 1/2 fl oz [65 ml]
Oil -1 fl oz [25 ml]
Seasoned flour -2 level tablespoons [2X20 ml spoons]
Salt and pepper
1) In a pot add water and rabbit.
2) Allow water to boil, then drain, reserving the water for later use.
3) In a casserole add oil and heat.
4) Pat rabbit with seasoned flour and lay in the hot oil.
5) Peel the potatoes and slice the onion and arrange around the meat.
6) Cover the rabbit with the bacon rashers.
7) Stir in the redcurrant jelly into the stock and pour to into the dish.
8) Add in the peppercorns.
9) Place the lid over the dish and place in oven at 400°F (200°C), Gas Mark 6, for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours.
10) Serve hot with a side of mashed potatoes.