Sizzling Walnut Rabbit
|Rabbit||1 , cut up by butcher|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili||4 , seeded and chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mashed|
|Orange||1 , juiced and peel grated|
|Shoyu||2 Teaspoon (Japanese Soy Sauce)|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Small, sliced|
|Toasted walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Wash the rabbit and place on paper towels.
2) In a pan, add oil and heat.
3) Add the rabbit and brown well.
4) Lower the heat and add chiles, garlic, juice, and 2 teaspoons grated peel and mix well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
5) Add in shoyu, potatoes, and 1 cup water.
6) Place lid and allow to simmer for 25 to 30 minutes till the rabbit is tender.
7) Discard the garlic.
8) Add sauce and potatoes on each portion and top with walnuts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3236 Calories from Fat 903
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g159.1%
Saturated Fat 20.6 g103.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1653.3 mg551.1%
Sodium 1833.7 mg76.4%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.3%
Dietary Fiber 20 g79.9%
Sugars 29.5 g
Protein 462 g924.6%
Vitamin A 906% Vitamin C 148.9%
Calcium 51.3% Iron 392.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet