Rabbit With Green Peppertorns
|Rabbit||1 Small, cut up by butcher|
|Walnut oil/Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Large garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Chopped fresh mint/2 teaspoon dried mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Green peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oatmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) Wash the rabbit and place on paper towels.
2) In a pan or Dutch oven, add oil and heat.
3) Stir in garlic and rabbit and brown meat well.
4) Add mint, green peppercorns, and vinegar.
5) Add water till rabbit is covered halfway.
6) Allow to boil, then lower heat .
7) Place lid and allow to simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
8) Add oat meal in a blender and grind till a coarse flour is formed.
9) Transfer to a bowl and add 1/2 cup of the hot rabbit broth and mix till smooth.
10) Add the paste into the pot of broth and mix well.
11) Without stirring too much, simmer the mix for 10 to 12 minutes till the broth thickens.
12) Place meat in soup plates and ladle the broth over it.
13) Top with sour cream and serve.