Tomato Rabbit On Toast
|Beer||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Toast slices||6 , halved diagonally|
1. Prepare a double boiler pan. For this take a medium size saucepan and fill it with 3 inches of water. Place the pan on a medium low flame and allow the water to simmer steadily.
2. Fit a bowl over the saucepan such that the base of the bowl does not come in direct contact with the simmering water.
3. Add the flour and a little beer and blend into a smooth paste.
4. Then tip in the remaining beer, cheese and seasonings and whisk lightly until well blended.
5. Cook the sauce, stirring until the cheese melts and it is thick and bubbly.
6. Blend in the tomato and cook until hot.
7. On each serving plate, place three toast triangles
8. Cover them with the tomato cheese sauce.
9. Sprinkle with paprika or garnish olives if you like and serve immediately.