Rabbit Hot Pot
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dripping/Vegetable shortening||1 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced|
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||3⁄4 Pint|
1) Clean and wipe the rabbit pieces.
2) Preheat moderate oven (355°F. Gas Mark 4)
3) Roll rabbit pieces in seasoned flour.
4) In a skillet heat fat and brown the meat. Transfer into a casserole dish.
5) Mix onion, carrot and celery to the casserole.
6) Sprinkle little seasoned flour over the hot fat. Stir the mixture over moderate heat until frothy.
7) Gently add stock and bring to the boil.
8) Adjust seasoning and strain over rabbit and vegetables.
9) Place in oven and cook for 1 1/2-2 hours till rabbit meat is tender.
10) Pass with creamed potatoes.