How to Make Smoked Salmon Quiche
|Short crust pastry||12 Ounce|
|Smoked salmon trimmings||120 Gram (One pack used)|
|Chopped chives||2 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|For the egg and milk mixture|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As needed for dusting)|
1. Place the baking sheet in the oven and preheat it to 200 C / 393 F.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Dust a hard surface with flour, roll the pastry dough about 1/8 inch thick.
3. Line the pastry tin with the rolled out pastry dough and trim the edges as shown in the video.
4. Spread the smoked salmon trimmings at the bottom of the pastry crust topped with the chopped chives.
5. Pour the eggs and milk mixture over the salmon.
6. Pop this tin into the oven on top of the preheated baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Serve the quiche warm with freshly cut salad of your choice.
Roll the pastry dough on the rolling pin and lay it into the pie tin. Roll a small ball of pastry dough and use it to press the pastry dough into the edge of the tin, preventing it from tearing.
2. 8-inch pie tin
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.1 mg47.4%
Sodium 156 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet