Salmon And Asparagus Quiche
|Canned salmon||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can / 212 Grams)|
|Shallot||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Canned asparagus cuts||15 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can / 439 Grams)|
|Milk/Half milk and half cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|For cheese pastry|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Butter||3 Ounce (90 Grams)|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated (60 Grams)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Cheese pastry : In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients for the pastry together.
3) Rub in the butter and mix in the grated cheese.
4) In a bowl, beat the egg yolk with the water and lemon juice.
5) Mix with the dry ingredients and form a fairly firm dough.
6) Knead the dough on a lightly floured board only until smooth on the outer surface.
7) Roll the pastry, line a 9 inch flan ring, trim and flute the edges.
8) Drain the Salmon, reserve the liquid, then flake the Salmon lightly.
9) Spread the flaked Salmon evenly at the bottom of the pastry shell.
10) Sprinkle with the shallots and then with the asparagus pieces.
11) Level the drained salmon liquid with enough milk to make 1 cup.
12) Stir the liquid mixture into the lightly beaten eggs.
13) Season with salt and pepper and spoon over the filling in the pastry shell.
14) Sprinkle with the grated cheese evenly on top.
15) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
16) Then lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for another 30 minutes or until the custard is set and lightly browned.
17) Slice the Salmon and Asparagus Quiche into wedges and serve.