|Cooked brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Dash|
|Potato flour/Brown rice flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese/Part natural swiss and part cheddar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), shredded|
1) Heat the oven to 375°F.
2) Oil a 9-inch pie plate.
3) In the pie plate, press the cooked rice.
4) Bake them just until dry for about 5 minutes.
5) Let them cool.
6) In a medium-size bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
7) With a wire whisk, combine skim milk powder and water and add to eggs, along with pepper and nutmeg.
8) Add flour to cheese; toss lightly but thoroughly.
9) Put the flour and cheese mixture into cooled rice shell, spreading to edges of crust.
10) Pour egg-milk mixture on top of rice pie and bake 10 minutes.
11) Reduce heat to 325°F and continue to bake 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until filling puffs up and is golden brown.
12) Remove the dish from oven; allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
13) Cut the quiche into wedges and serve.