Mushroom and Onion Quiche
|Shortcrust pastry||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz), buttered (1 Small Can)|
|Cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Roll the pastry and line a 8 inch tart plate or sandwich tin.
3) In a skillet, saute the onion in butter until soft and transparent.
4) Allow the onions to cool, then sprinkle at the bottom of the pastry shell.
5) Cover with the buttered mushrooms.
6) In a bowl, beat the eggs and combine with the cheese, mustard, lemon juice, salt to taste and the milk.
7) Spoon over the mushroom mixture in the pastry shell.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9) Then lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for another 20 minutes or until the custard is set and lightly browned.
10) Slice the Mushroom and Onion Quiche into wedges and serve.
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.6 mg37.9%
Sodium 221.2 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet