Chili and Garlic Quiche
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chilled, chopped|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Chili||30 Ounce (Ready made Nalley's)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for dusting and rolling)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour and salt. Mix well, add margarine and mix well using hands to form crumbs.
3. Add water and knead into dough. Cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. On a flour dusted surface, place chilled dough and roll out.
5. Place rolled out dough on a 10 inch quiche pan and press uniformly.
6. Cover with foil and top with beans/ weight.
7. Blind bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes or till quiche base is cooked.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
9. Once cooled, remove weight and foil. Keep aside.
10. In a medium sized bowl, combine eggs and parsley. Whisk well.
11. Add Nalley-€™s chili and garlic, mix well and pour in baked quiche base.
12. Top with cheese and bake at 175 C (350 F) for 50 minutes or till cooked.
13. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
14. Cut into wedges/ slices, top with sour cream and serve warm.