Miniature Sausage Quiche
|Bulk pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound, cooked and drained (mild)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 cup)|
|Pastry shells||1 (as needed)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (plus 2 tablespoons)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cold water||6 Tablespoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400° F.
2. TO MAKE PASTRY SHELLS:1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt; add butter, mixing well.
2. Put in egg yolk and water; mix with a fork until all dry ingredients are moistened.
3. Make 36 (1-inch) dough balls.
4. Keep the dough balls in lightly greased 1 3/4-inch muffin pans or assorted canape tins, shaping each into a shell.
5. With a fork, prick bottom and sides of pastry shell.
6. Bake for 5 minutes.
7. Remove and cool on a rack.
8. TO MAKE QUICHES: In a bowl, combine sausage, eggs, milk, butter and cheese. Stir well.
9. Pour into prepared pastry shells.
10. Season with paprika.
11. Turn down the oven settings 350° and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
12. Decorate with parsley just before serving, if desired.