Quiche De Legumes Mediterraneens
|10 inch baked pastry shell||1|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, seeded and chopped (750 Gram)|
|Gruyere cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, grated (40 Gram)|
|Double cream||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
1. Prepare and bake pastry shell.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 oven and heat a baking sheet in it.
3. In a saute pan, heat one tablespoon oil and saute onion until soft. Do not brown. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
4. Further, add garlic, bouquet garni, salt, pepper and tomatoes to it. Simmer for 20 minutes or until a thick puree is formed, stirring occasionally.
5. Add seasoning to taste and allow it to cool.
6. Meanwhile, peel aubergine and slice it into thick julienne strips.
7. Wash courgettes thoroughly and slice it also into julienne strips.
8. In another saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook aubergine until soft.
9. Add slt and pepper.
10. Replace with courgettes and cook them in the same way.
11. Let the vegetables cool.
12. Discard bouquet garni from the tomato puree and add puree in the shell prepared in advance.
13. Sprinkle aubergines and courgettes on top.
14. For making the custard, add cream, salt and pepper to whisked eggs. .
15. Pour custard on top of the vegetables and garnish with grated cheese. Push the veghetables slightly apart to run the custard through them.
16. On a heated baking sheet, bake quiche until it is brown and custard is set. This will take about15-20 minutes.
17. Allow it to cool before unmoulding.
18. Serve at once at room temperature.