Crustless Vegetarian Quiche
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried chervil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Small, wedges|
|Fresh basil sprig||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 450F.
2) Coat a 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
3) Cover the tofu in several layers of cheesecloth or paper towels. Press them lightly to remove excess water.
4) Unwrap the tofu and slice them into 1-inch cubes. Keep aside.
5) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium flame. Toss in the zucchini, onion, mushrooms. Saute till the vegetables become tender.
6) Drain the vegetables and keep aside.
7) Into a food processor, add the tofu, eggs, parmesan cheese, chevril, basil, salt and pepper. Process to get a smooth paste.
8) Mix together the sauted vegetables, tofu mixture and the mozzarella cheese.
9) Transfer the mixture into the pie plate.
10) Bake for about 40 minutes till the quiche sets.
11) Let the quiche rest for 10 minutes before serving.
12) Garnish the Vegetarian Quiche with tomato wedges and basil leaves, if you wish.