Individual Spinach And Green Pepper Quiches
|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||4 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, finely chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Small, cored|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Frozen chopped spinach||6 Ounce, thawed|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, grated|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
3) With the rolled dough line 4 individual 4 inch patty tins.
4) Bake in the oven without any filling for 10 minutes.
5) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the onion and green peppers until tender.
6) In a bowl, place together, the onion mixture, egg, cream, spinach, nutmeg and seasoning.
7) Stir the onion mixture to mix well.
8) Spoon the onion mixture into the pastry cases.
9) Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
10) Allow to cool over a wire rack, to remove the moulds.
11) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Wrap the quiche individually in foil and pack in freezer bag.
12) Seal, label and return to freezer.
13) Serve hot with small mixed salad.
14) If using the frozen quiche, take off the wrapping
15) Place quiche back in the moulds.
16) Reheat from frozen in a preheated moderately hot oven for 25 minutes or until well heated.
17) Serve as mentioned in step 13.