Tomato And Courgette Zucchini Quiche
|Basic short crust pastry dough||1 (Made From 6 Ounce Flour)|
|Tomatoes||3 Small, sliced|
|Courgettes||3 Small, sliced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated cheddar cheese||3 Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
3) Using the rolled dough sheet line a 8 inch flan ring and set on a baking sheet.
4) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
5) Place the tomatoes and courgettes in the pastry case.
6) In a bowl, beat together eggs, milk and seasoning to taste.
7) Spoon the egg mixture over the filling and dredge with the cheese.
8) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until the filling is set.
9) Allow to cool over a wire rack, to remove the flan ring.
10) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the quiche until firm.
11) Wrap the quiche in foil and pack in freezer bag.
12) Seal, label and return to freezer.
13) Serve hot with small mixed salad.
14) If using the frozen quiche, take off the wrapping and place the quiche on a baking sheet.
15) Reheat from frozen in a preheated moderately hot oven for 30 minutes or until well heated.
16) Serve as mentioned in step 13.