Wholemeal Whole-wheat Pepper Quiche
|For the pastry|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Small, cored, seeded and sliced|
|Red pepper||1 Small, cored, seeded and sliced|
|Grated edam cheese||4 Ounce|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, shift the flour and salt.
3) Place the butter, and using the fingers rub into the flour until the mixture gets grainy texture.
4) Blend in enough water to make stiff dough.
5) Cover the dough in foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
7) Using the rolled dough sheet line 8 inch fluted flan ring and set on a baking sheet.
8) Pierce the base of the pastry dough with a fork.
9) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onion and peppers until soft.
10) Place in the bottom of the pastry case.
11) In a bowl, beat well together eggs, milk, cheese and seasoning.
12) Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, until the filling is set.
12) Cool quickly on a wire rack, then remove the flan ring.
14) Allow to cool over a wire rack.
15) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the quiche until firm, and remove from the ring.
16) Wrap the quiche in foil and pack in freezer bag.
17) Seal, label and return to freezer.
18) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
19) If using the frozen quiche, take off the wrapping and place on the baking pan and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
20) Reheat in the preheated moderate oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
21) Serve as mentioned in step 18.