Crustless Ham Quiche
|Unsweetened pineapple tidbits||8 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Small, chopped|
|Lean cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Swiss cheese||3 Ounce, shredded (3/4 Cup)|
|Eggs||4 Small, beaten|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper red||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) From the can drain pineapple, reserve the juice and set the fruit aside.
2) Coat a 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish with cooking spray.
3) In a skillet, combine pineapple juice, onion, and green pepper
4) Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender and liquid evaporates.
5) Remove the skillet from heat; add pineapple, ham, and cheese.
6) Keep the skillet aside.
7) In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard, and red pepper
8) Beat until well blended.
9) Add reserved pineapple mixture; mix well.
10) Pour the pineapple mixture into the quiche dish or pieplate.
11) Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted off-center comes out clean.
12) Let the pie stand for 10 minutes before serving.
13) Cut the quiche into wedges, and serve warm.