Blue Cheese Quiche
|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||1 (made with 1/2 pound flour)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Streaky bacon rashers||3 Ounce, rinds removed and chopped|
|Stilton cheese||6 Ounce, crumbled|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Snipped chives/Freshly chopped parsley / spring onions||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
3) Using the rolled dough sheet line a 9 inch flan ring and set on a baking sheet.
4) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
5) In a pan, sautÃ© onion and bacon until the bacon fat melts and the onion is soft.
6) Place the bacon mixture in the bottom of the pastry case.
7) Dredge the bacon mixture with the cheese.
8) In a bowl, beat together cream, milk, eggs, yolks and seasoning.
9) Spoon the egg mixture over the bacon mixture.
10) Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until the filling is set.
11) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the quiche until firm.
12) Wrap the flan in foil and pack in freezer bag.
13) Seal, label and return to freezer.
14) Serve hot garnished with chives, parsley and spring onions
15) If using the frozen quiche, take off the wrapping and place the quiche on a baking sheet and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
16) Reheat in a preheated moderately hot oven for 30 minutes or until well heated.
17) Serve as mentioned in step 16.
Calories 561 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.3%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 123.9 mg41.3%
Sodium 578.8 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 9% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet