Chicken And Asparagus Quiche
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Low fat cream cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Ice water||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast||2 , halved|
|Fresh asparagus||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch lengths|
|1% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, combine both flours with salt. Add oil and cream cheese and, using 2 table knives, cut them into the flours until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. Add water gradually and cut into the mixture until the dough comes together to form a solid mass.
3. Turn out onto a floured surface and very lightly knead together into smooth dough. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. In a skillet, add stock, bring to a boil, add chicken breasts, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until tender. Remove from skillet onto a plate, allow cooling and coarsely chop.
5. To the stock add asparagus and simmer until tender, drain and cool. Add the asparagus to the stock and simmer about 8 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and allow cooling.
4. In a separate bowl, mix milk, cream cheese, flour eggs, egg whites, mustard, salt, pepper and whisk until smooth.
5. Using the pastry dough form an 11 inch circle and transfer it to a 9 inch quiche dish by rolling onto the rolling pin. Trim even the dough at the rim of the quiche dish.
6. Add the chopped chicken, asparagus to pastry shell evenly and pour egg, milk and cheese mixture.
7. In a preheated oven bake at 250 degrees centigrade for about 15 minutes initially, then reduce temperature to 180 degrees centigrade and continue to bake for another 45 minutes until, the quiche is puffed up, seems firm and golden brown on top.
8. Allow it to stand for another 30 minutes before slicing.
9. Serve warm.