|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Shredded swiss cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cup)|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , lightly beaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a saucepan, place the ground beef and brown the meat; drain off fat.
3. Liberally sprinkle cheese in a pie shell and top it with ground beef.
4. Combine milk and cornstarch, beating slightly to blend.
5. Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
6. Pour into pie shell and bake at 350° F for about 40 minutes or until custard is set and top is lightly browned.
7. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes fore cutting
8. Sprinkle grated cheese and serve the quiche hot.
Bake the quiche at 325° F if using a glass dish.
Quiche slices neatly if allowed to cool. To rewarm a quiche, it is best to do so in an oven. Placing quiche in the microwave will turn it rubbery.
Calories 614 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.6%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234 mg78%
Sodium 411.3 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.13%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 31 g62.3%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 39.9% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet