Salami Corn Quiche
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
|Grated natural swiss cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Half-and-half/Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream-style corn||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Italian salami||1⁄8 Pound, cut into 2-inch-long strips, 1/4 inch wide|
|Pitted ripe olives||6 , halved (Use As Needed)|
1. Using a brush, apply egg white on the inner side of the pie shell; refrigerate until use.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In the bottom of the pie shell, sprinkle cheese.
4. In a medium bowl, using a wire whisk or rotary beater, beat eggs with half-and-half, nutmeg and pepper just until combined but not frothy.
5. In a skillet, heat butter and sautÃ© chopped onion for 5 minutes until golden.
6. Remove the skillet from heat and add cream-style corn and Italian salami strips.
7. Spoon the corn mixture over the cheese in pie shell and pour egg mixture over the top.
8. Arrange halved pitted ripe olives at the edge of the pie.
9. Place the pie in the oven and bake on the lower rack of the oven for 40 minutes until quiche is puffy and golden.
10. Shift the quiche to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
11. Serve warm with fruit salad.