Ham and Cheddar Quiche
|9 inch pie shell||1 (Unbaked)|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
|Ham||4 Ounce, ground cooked (1 Cup)|
|Half-and-half/Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ham strips||5 , cooked (6 Inches Long, 1/4-Inch Wide)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (1 Cup)|
GROUNDWORK FOR COOKING
1. Apply egg white on the inner side of the pie shell; refrigerate until use.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In the bottom of the pie shell, sprinkle ground cooked ham.
4. In a medium bowl, using a wire whisk or rotary beater, beat eggs with half-and-half, salt, nutmeg and pepper just until combined but not frothy.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell.
6. Place the pie in the oven and bake on the lower rack of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes until just puffy and golden.
7. Remove the pie from oven arrange the ham strips on top as shown in the picture.
8. Sprinkle cheese between ham strip gaps.
9. Return the quiche to the oven and bake for 5 minutes just until the cheese melts.
10. Shift the quiche to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
11. Serve warm.