Broccoli Mushroom Quiche
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Egg white||10 , slightly beaten|
|For the filling|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Frozen broccoli||10 Ounce, thawed, chopped, well-drained (1 Packet)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Natural swiss cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Half-and-half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Take the pie shell and brush its insides with egg white. Chill in the refrigerator.
3) To make the filling, rinse the mushrooms and remove the stems. Chop the mushrooms stems coarsely. Toss it into a bowl along with lemon juice.
4) In a medium skillet, melt butter. Saute the mushroom caps for 5 minutes till tender. Drain onto paper towels.
5) In the skillet, saute the onions and mushroom stems for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in the broccoli, parsley, 1/2 teaspon salt and pepper. Mix well. Take the skillet off the heat.
6) Sprinkle grated cheese at the bottom of the shell.
7) In a medium bowl, beat in the eggs, half-and-half, salt, nutmeg and pepper using a wire whisk. Whisk to just combine the ingredients.
5) Add in 1 tablespoon of the broccoli mixture into each of the mushroom caps. Add in the rest into the pie shell. Pour the egg mixture on top. Arrange the mushroom caps on top of the pie shell.
6) Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the quiche turns golden and puffs up.
6) Let the quiche cool for 10 minutes before serving.
7) Serve the Broccoli Mushroom Quiche hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.3%
Saturated Fat 17 g85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 162.4 mg54.1%
Sodium 480.9 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 20 g40.2%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 66.2%
Calcium 33.5% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet