|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
|For the filling|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed and well drained (1 Packet)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Natural swiss cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Half-and-half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Onion rings||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Take the pie shell and brush its insides with egg white. Chill in the refrigerator.
3) In a medium skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Saute the onions for 5 minutes till golden. Add in chopped spinach and parsley. Mix and take the skillet off the heat. Transfer the contents into a large bowl.
4) In the same skillet, fry the bacon in a skillet. Drain, cool and crumble. Sprinkle the crumbs at the bottom of the pie shell. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
5) In a medium bowl, beat in the eggs, half-and-half, salt, nutmeg and pepper using a wire whisk. Whisk to just combine the ingredients.
6) Mix the egg and spinach mixtures and pour into the pie shell. Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes or until the quiche turns golden and puffs up.
7) Add 2 tablespoons of butter into the skillet and saute the onion rings.
8) Arrange the onion rings on the edge of the quiche. Let teh quiche cool for 10 minutes before serving.
7) Serve the Spinach Quiche hot, garnished with chopped parsley on top.