Courgette and Pepper Quiche
|For the pastry|
|Wholemeal flour||4 Ounce|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Polyunsaturated margarine||2 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|For the filling|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and diced|
|Courgettes||4 Ounce, rinsed and finely sliced|
|Spring onions||2 , trimmed and finely sliced|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sesame seeds.
2) Now, add the margarine and oil, blending in with a fork.
3) To this, add sufficient amount of water to form a soft dough.
4) Lightly knead the dough and in a cling film, wrap it nicely. Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5) Now, take a 6 1/2-inch round pie dish and roll out the dough to fit this size.
6) On high power, cook for 3 to 4 minutes. After every minute, give the dish a quarter-turn.
7) Now, to prepare the filling, in a medium bowl, put the diced pepper and cook covered on high power for 3 minutes.
8) To this, add the courgettes and onions.
9) Cook covered for 3 minutes.
10) In the pastry case, spread the tomato and add the vegetables on top to cover.
11) In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk well and then add salt and pepper to taste.
12) Over the vegetables, pour this mixture.
13) Now, in the Defrost/Low setting, cook this for 10 minutes.
14) With a circle of nonstick vegetable parchment, cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the centre is just set.
15) Serve Courgette and Pepper Quiche, hot or cold.