Corn and Bacon Quiche
|Bacon slab||1⁄4 Pound|
|Pie pastry||1⁄2 Pound|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned cream style corn||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Finely chop bacon.
3) In a small ovenproof dish, put bacon in the oven to draw off the fat.
4) Roll out the dough and use to line a 9 inch quiche or pie pan.
5) Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl and add salt, pepper, nutmeg and a pinch of cayenne.
6) Blend in the corn.
7) Mix three quarters of the cheese into the egg and corn mixture.
8) Remove bacon from oven and brush a little fat on the inside of the pastry case.
9) Drain the bacon pieces and add half of them to the egg and corn mixture.
10) In the pastry case, pour the mixture.
11) Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and remaining bacon on the top and bake for 20 minutes.
12) Reduce the temperature to 350° and bake for a further 25 minutes.
13) Serve hot or cold bacon quiche with mixed salad.