Quiche Lorraine With Swiss Cheese
|Swiss cheese||6 Ounce, grated (1 1/2 cups, imported)|
|Crisp bacon slices||8 , crumbled|
|9 inch single crust pie pastry||1 , unbaked|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven at 375°F.
2) Line pie pan dish with pastry.
3) In the pie pan, add cheese and bacon.
4) Make a smooth sauce by beating together the eggs, cream, milk, salt, pepper, cayenne, and mustard powder and spread out into an even layer in the pie pan.
5) Bake for 45 minutes or until firm and browned.
6) Cut into wedges and serve with jacket potatoes and salad.