Bacon Onion Quiche
|Onion||1 Pound (Medium Sized)|
|Lard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bacon slab||1⁄4 Pound|
|Pie pastry||6 Ounce (Rich)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Peel, halve and thinly slice the onions.
3) Dice the bacon.
4) Roll out the pastry dough and use to line an 8 1/2 inch quiche pan.
5) Prick the pastry from all over.
6) In a skillet, melt the lard and fry the onions over a moderate heat till pale golden.
7) Add bacon to the pan.
8) Fry for a further 4-5 minutes till the onions and bacon are golden brown.
9) Bake blind the pastry for 15 minutes.
10) Spread the onion and bacon mixture over the pastry base.
12) Mix the eggs with the milk and cream and seasoning.
12) Pour over the onions.
13) Bake for a further 25 minutes till lightly set and golden.
14) Serve the hot onion quiche with mixed salads.