|Shortcrust pastry||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Thin asparagus spears||12 Ounce (350 Gram, Fresh)|
|Spring onion||6 , washed and trimmed|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Thin cream||1 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
1. Line an 18-cm/7-inch flan dish or ring with pastry.
2. Blanch asparagus for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Slice onions and cook gently in the butter until soft.
3. Whisk the eggs with the cream, salt and pepper and add to the onions. Cut the asparagus into 2.5-cm/1-inch lengths and stir into the mixture.
4. Pour into prepared flan case and spread out the asparagus if necessary.
5. Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven (200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6) for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate (180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4) and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the centre is cooked.
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.4 mg37.8%
Sodium 243.1 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g3.9%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet