|Crab meat||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), flaked|
|Scallion whites||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Half and half cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||18 Teaspoon|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|10 inch short crust pastry shell||1|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In the butter, sautÃ© the celery, scallions, shallots and garlic till the vegetables are soft.
3) Allow the cooked vegetables to cool.
4) Use a fork to stir in the crab meat along with the parsley.
5) In the pastry shell, place the mixture.
6) Beat together the half-and-half cream, eggs and seasonings.
7) Over the crab-meat mixture, strain the cream mixture and sprinkle the cheese and paprika all over the top.
8) Bake the quiche in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or till a toothpick emerges clean when inserted in the center of the filling.
9) Serve the quiche while it is still hot or allow to cool for a bit and serve at room temperature. A light green salad can be served on the side.