Garden Vegetable Quiche
|9 inch parmesan quiche shell||1 , glazed with egg white, cooled|
|Green onion tops||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, pared|
|Cauliflower flowerets||3 Ounce|
|Green peas||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Vegit)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, well chilled|
|Noninstant nonfat milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375Â°F.
2. With a knife or in a food processor, mince the green onions.
3. With a knife or with the slicing disc of a food processor, slice the celery, cauliflower and carrots.
4. With a grater or using the shredding disc of a food processor, shred the cheese.
5. In a bowl, place the milk powder.
6. Continue mixing while you pour the milk.
7. Add the eggs and blend until smooth.
8. Place a skillet over medium-high heat and heat the oil.
9. Add the green onions and saute them for 1-2 minutes.
10. Add the carrot, celery and cauliflower and sautÃ© for 2-3 minutes.
11. Next, add the peas and cook till the vegetables are tender but crisp.
12. Stir in the salt and Vegit.
13. Cool the vegetables for a little while.
14. In the quiche shell, spread the vegetables and then the cheese. Place the shell on a cookie sheet.
15. Pour the milk custard on it.
16. In the oven, place in the center rack, bring the temperature down to 350Â°F and bake for 30-35 minutes, until custard is firm, puffy and lightly browned.
17. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
18. Serve cut into wedges.