Homemade Mushroom Quiche
|9 inch whole wheat quiche shell||1 , cooled, glazed with egg white|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine/Vermouth||2 Tablespoon|
|Half and half/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pepper white||To Taste, freshly ground|
1. With a grater or using the metal blade of a food processor, grate the Parmesan.
2. With a knife or in a food processor, mince the green onions.
3. With a knife or the slicing disc of a food processor, slice the mushrooms.
4. In a small bowl, pour the white wine and add enough half & half to make 1 cup.
5. In another bowl, place the eggs.
6. Continue mixing while you pour the half & half mixture, salt, nutmeg and pepper and blend until smooth.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 375Â°F.
8. Place a skillet over medium-high heat and heat the butter.
9. Add the green onions and saute them for 3 minutes.
10. Add the mushrooms and sautÃ© for 2 minutes.
11. Stir in the lemon juice, Madeira and salt.
12. Simmer, covered, for about 5 minutes and then cook uncovered at medium-high until the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms are browned, stirring occasionally.
13. In the quiche shell, spread the Parmesan on the bottom, then the mushroom mixture and place the shell on a cookie sheet.
14. Pour the half & half blend on it.
15. In the oven, place in the center rack, and bake for 35-40 minutes, until custard is firm, puffy and lightly browned.
16. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
17. Serve cut into wedges.