Asparagus Parmesan Quiche
|9 inch parmesan quiche shell||1 , glazed with egg white and cooled|
|Parmesan cheese/3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated||3⁄4 Ounce|
|Mild cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Non Instant)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Steam the asparagus till just about tender.
2. Trim to 4 1/2-inch stalks, drain and cool. Keep aside.
3. With the shredding disc of a food processor, shred the Cheddar cheese.
4. In another bowl, place the milk powder.
5. Continue mixing while you pour the milk.
6. Add the eggs and salt, and blend until smooth.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 375Â°F.
8. In the pastry shell, spread the Cheddar cheese on the bottom and sprinkle with parmesan.
9. Layer with the asparagus spears arranged in a pattern resembling the spokes of a wheel, with the tips toward the center.
10. Place the pastry shell on a cookie sheet and pour in the milk mixture carefully.
11. Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
12. In the oven, bake in the center rack for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350Â°F and bake for another 30-35 minutes, until custard is firm, puffy and lightly browned.
13. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
14. Serve cut into wedges.