Broccoli Cheese Quiche
|Broccoli florets||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Cottage cheese||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Buttermilk||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Scallions||2 , minced|
|Nutmeg||1 Dash, freshly grated|
|9 inch no roll pie crust||1 (Unbaked)|
1. Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
2. In a blender, process cottage cheese and buttermilk on low speed or press cottage cheese through a sieve.
3. In a mixing bowl, transfer the cottage cheese mixture and add eggs, scallions and nutmeg.
4. In a steamer, place broccoli and steam for 3-4 minutes until they turn just crisp-tender.
5. Rinse the steamed broccoli with cold water, drain and keep aside.
6. Into a pie shell, pour the cheese mixture.
7. Top with steamed broccoli florets; press them down into the cheese mixture.
8. Place the shell in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Reduce the temperature to 350Â° F and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the quiche is puffed and browned.
10. Serve hot or cold.