|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsifted|
|Cold butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl
2. Use a pastry knife to cut in small cubes of the shortening into the flour, or use your fingers to rub the ingredients together until the mixture resembles crumbs.
3. In the same manner, cut in the butter until mixture forms pea size particles.
4. Spoon in cold water
5. Stir quickly and lightly until dough holds together and forms a ball.
6. Turn out into a 9-inch quiche dish (make sure it is microwave friendly) and lightly press to line the dish or roll our into a 12 inch circle and then line the flan tin for a neater crust.
7. Give pastry an egg wash made with by mixing egg yolk and Worcestershire sauce.
8. Bake the shell in the microwave oven for 4 to 6 minutes until lightly browned and dry.
9. Cool and use shell as required to make savory pies or quiches.