Salmon and Spinach Quiche
|Shortcrust pastry||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Canned salmon||7 Ounce, drained and skinned (198 Gram, Pink Or Red)|
|Green pepper||1 Small, deseeded and chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Spinach||8 Ounce, washed (225 Gram)|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, grated (175 Gram)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten (Size 3)|
|Single cream/Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Tomatoes||4 , sliced|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6.
2) On a floured surface, roll out the dough and use it to line a 9" (23 cm) metal flan tin.
3) To line the pastry, use baking paper. Put baking beans in it and blind bake for 10 minutes. Take away paper and beans, bake for a further 5 minutes.
4) Heat a pan, melt butter and sauté pepper for 2 minutes.
5) Take away from the source of heat and mix with flaked salmon and cayenne pepper.
6) In the same pan, sauté onion to soften. Then put in spinach and cook until wilted.
7) Set aside 1 oz (25 g) of cheese, and in a bowl, mix the remainder with eggs and cream (or milk).
8) Put one half of the egg mixture to the salmon and the other to the spinach. Add salt and pepper to season.
9) Add the salmon mixture into the pastry case, bake 10 minutes until slightly set.
10) Put in the spinach mixture on top of the salmon.
11) Lower the oven settings to 350°F/180°C/ Gas 4 and cook for a further 20 minutes.
12) Line the cut tomatoes on top, scatter the remaining cheese and bake for 5 minutes.
13) Serve hot.
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.6%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.2 mg72.1%
Sodium 492.7 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 103.1% Vitamin C 55%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet