Smoked Mackerel And Crab Quiche
|Plain flour||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Ounce, frozen (75 Gram)|
|Frozen butter/Margarine||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Whole grain mustard||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (Heaped)|
|Crab meat||6 Ounce, drained (175 Gram)|
|Crab meat||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Smoked mackerel||8 Ounce (225 Gram, Ready To Eat)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped chives||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4
2) TO MAKE THE PASTRY: In a bowl, sieve in the flour, curry powder and seasoning into a bowl.
3) In a food processor, grate the butter or margarine and rub into the dry ingredients. Put in the egg, mustard and enough cold water to make a soft dough.
4) On a lightly floured surface, gently knead the dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes.
5) On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry.
6) Grease a deep-sided 8" loose-bottomed tin and line the pastry in it.
7) In a bowl, mix together the crab meat and flaked smoked mackerel.
8) Keep mixture on right above the pastry base.
9) In a separate bowl, whip the eggs, egg yolks, cream, herbs and seasoning together.
10) Pour it over the fish mixture.
11) In the hot oven, bake for 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 325°F/170°C/Gas 3 and bake for a further 20 to 25 minutes, until the filling is firm to touch.
12) Serve warm.