|Short crust pastry||1|
|Canned cut asparagus||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Gruyere cheese||4 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Make the pastries while rolling in floured board.
3. Take a greased 8 or 9-inch greased flan ring and make the pastry to properly fit the ring.
4. Trim the edge of the pastry by using a knife. Keep in the refrigerator while preparing the stuffing.
5. Now, drain the asparagus for making the stuffing.
6. In a bowl, beat egg yolks, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
7. Then, cut the cheese into slice of 1/2-inch squares each.
8. Place cheese slice in the pastry case and place the asparagus on the top.
9. Add the cream and egg mixture on the ingredients in flan ring. Sprinkle butter and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
10. Reduce temperature 350°F and bake again for 20 minutes or till it set and turn golden.
15. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg39.3%
Sodium 169.9 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet