How to Make a Quiche
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cold butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Very Cold)|
|Ice cold water||7 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded cheese/Cheddar, monterey jack, gruyere or colby||1 Cup (16 tbs), gruyere or colby|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plus More For Topping)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Scallion greens||2 , chopped|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
• Place the flour and salt in a food processor. Add the cold butter – cut into pieces.
• Pulse until you have a bread crumb consistency.
• Add ice cold water a TBS at a time. Stop adding water as soon as you have dough that is neither sticky nor dry. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Roll out dough and place in tart or pie pan. Prick bottom with a fork.
• Place the eggs in a bowl. Add the milk and cream. Whisk until smooth.
• Add all of the rest of the ingredients – leaving some Parmesan cheese for the topping. Mix well.
• Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell. Top with shredded cheese.
• Bake for 40 to 50 minutes – until eggs are set and an inserted knife comes out clean.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4052 Calories from Fat 1752
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 196 g302.1%
Saturated Fat 112.9 g564.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1693.5 mg564.5%
Sodium 5370.9 mg223.8%
Total Carbohydrates 354 g117.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.7%
Sugars 100.6 g
Protein 199 g397.6%
Vitamin A 201.5% Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 304.2% Iron 108.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet