|Canned asparagus||16 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Canned evaporated milk||5 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Mix asparagus liquor with milk and measure to 3/4 pint after adding in enough water.
3) Beat in eggs to a custard consistency and add seasonings.
4) Use half the cheese to cover base of pastry shell.
5) Top this with asparagus and then spoon over the liquid mixture to about threequarters full.
6) Cover with remaining cheese and bake for about 20 minutes on top shelf of the preheated oven, until set and is stiff in middle.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 1000 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.4%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 291.6 mg97.2%
Sodium 754.5 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 37 g74.9%
Vitamin A 54.7% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 65.5% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet