Bay Scallops Quiche
|Bay scallops||3⁄4 Pound|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pastry||1 (For A One-Crust Nine-Inch Pie)|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, finley chopped|
|Celery||1 Tablespoon, finley chopped|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, mix the parsely scallops and sherry together, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
2) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
3) In a 9 inch pie plate, place the pastry and bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
4) In a skillet, saute the onion and celery until the onion is transparent.
5) Mix the beaten eggs, nutmeg, milk, cream, salt and pepper, together and blend well.
6) Combine the egg mixture with the scallops and onion mixture and turn into the pastry shell.
7) Bake in the preheated oven at 450° F for 15 minutes. Then lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for further 10 minutes.
8) Slice and serve in a nice plate.