Spicy Sausage Quiche
|Bulk pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned whole green chiles||4 Ounce, drained, seeded, and chopped (1 Can)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Whole)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|9 1/2 inch quiche pastry||1 , microwaved|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Take a ½ quart casserole, mash sausage in it and add onion, mushrooms, chilies, basil and chilli powder in it.
2. Mix well and close with a thick plastic wrap.
3. Microwave the dish at HIGH for 4-6 minutes so that the meat is done; stir one time in between.
4. Filter the drippings.
5. Take the microwaved pastry shell, put Cheddar cheese on it and add sausage mixture.
6. In a bowl, mix, eggs, half and half, salt and pepper.
7. Top the sausage mixture with egg mixture, season with paprika and microwave for 12 minutes on MEDIUM.
8. Turn the dish half and microwave further on MEDIUM HIGH for 7-13 minutes,
9. Check for doneness by inserting a knife.
10. Allow 10 minutes before serving.
11. Serve warm.
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 429
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.8%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 330.2 mg110.1%
Sodium 1004.1 mg41.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 25 g49.8%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 35.8% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet